The WMPoweruser.com Forum
Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

nawon

Reply with quote  #1 
I have been doing a lot of internet research on the windows phones available in the market. Out of the limited phones available in the market, i zeroed down to NOKIA LUMIA 800 and SAMSUNG FOCUS FLASH. But the problem starts here itself. There are a lot of unhappy folks using these two particular smart phones. People say lumia 800 freezes on disconnecting a call plus battery issues 
http://www.techhotfix.com/forum/showthread.php/1264-nokia-lumia-800-hangs  
and Samsung Focus Flash freezes on recieving an sms. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wpdevices/windows-75-focus-flash-freezes-from-receiving-text/b0926713-141b-4015-bc9b-e2a10091f388?msgId=99592c09-8430-4089-85c0-b78309ef92ca 

I am new to windows phone family and have no previous experience of using a windows phone device. PLEASE HELP ME OUT WHETHER THESE PROBLEMS/BUGS HAVE BEEN FIXED OR NOT.

Unregistered
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm currently using Samsung Focus and yes it freezes a lot. If this issue has been fixed I would surely like to know
nawon

Reply with quote  #3 
same problem here man...that is the reason why i am in doubt....it sucks that you are facing the problem still now....hope it gets resolved soon...
hihihans

Reply with quote  #4 

battery life of Lumia800 is good after the 12070 update. 3g still uses a lot of juice but at least it lasts the whole day now.

Mine never froze (1st batch) and have no other problems too.

awarner

Reply with quote  #5 
I've never had a problem with battery life on my Lumia which is first bastch but I am one of the 3% of the first batch (according to a nokia rep) that has the issue where the phone will not respond then trying to do a power cycle it will not restart.
This is where you need to remove the battery as it appears to be caught in a memory loop, unfortunately as this is not possible you generally need to wait until the battery has died before the phone will reboot on charging.
Plugging into Zune sometimes helps rather than trying mains charger but not always.

What I want to see is the camera software inproved so the focus works properly. Even with it's top rate optics due to the lacking software my Titan takes better pics.

hihihans

Reply with quote  #6 

latest update did improve camera software a bit, or I'm getting better :-D

Gabriel Mora
Reply with quote  #7 
INDEED! i own the windows 7 focus flash and i have way too many problems! 1) it freezes all too often, 2) ALOT of SMS messages don't send out or in, and every month to month and a half i get fifty messages from different people, i'm guessing all those messages accumulate and send all at once? 3) strangely and randomly my screen doesn't work unless its connected to a USB, even after i turn it off and on several times. 4) the battery life is crap 5) it has a built in zune player and has low storage space?!?!?! really? i am beyond unhappy and dissapointed with this phone. Next time i have to choose between this phone and an iphone i know what to do. WP7 really dissapointed this time.... all the phones good for in my opinion is an expensive paperweight at most.
andy

Reply with quote  #8 
I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.

hihihans

Reply with quote  #9 
That's really nice, Andy.
I did have to restart my Lumia800 3 times yesterday
I had to do it a few times the last 4 weeks.
I think it's getting worn out.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: