“Image Map” (free version) and “Image Map Plus” (paid, or ad-supported free trial) is the app that allows you to see where your photos were taken on a map. But this not the only thing that my app does. Image Map Plus is the one and only EXIF editor for windows phone 7. What it means is that it allows you to view all embedded properties of every JPEG image file you have saved on your phone. This includes things like camera make and model, aperture settings and, if available, location. More than that “Image Map Plus” enables you to edit some of the EXIF fields (obviously not losing anything on JPEG compression, since actual image data remains intact). For example you can geo-tag photos that are missing embedded location information, edit comments and copyright fields, etc. In fact, website called addictivetips called “Image Map Plus” number 3 of top 30 best windows phone apps of 2011 (http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/30-best-windows-phone-7-apps-for-year-2011/).
Version 5.1 is the new update that takes this app to a whole new level:
1. View, edit EXIF and geotagging information of photos directly on your SkyDrive!
2. Filter the map view by any period of time, for example want to see only photos you made on a trip last week?
3. Optimize startup by only displaying latest pictures on the map.
4. Optionally use pins instead of images for higher precision.
5. Take pictures through the app and manually control what metadata gets saved.
Image Map Plus: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=100bb724-2c49-4ef5-bd19-0a0f3ca8b818
Image Map: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=f6d38972-f00b-4a25-b6aa-530dcce8b996