The WMPoweruser.com Forum
Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

gillons

Reply with quote  #1 
So its now time to upgrade to a new Windows phone my Samsung Omnia 7 is getting a little bit old and i think i want to upgrade to the new Lumia 800.

How do i transfer all my data over to the new phone like apps SMS threads and the like?

I cant seem to find anything on the web about it.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillons
So its now time to upgrade to a new Windows phone my Samsung Omnia 7 is getting a little bit old and i think i want to upgrade to the new Lumia 800.

How do i transfer all my data over to the new phone like apps SMS threads and the like?

I want to upgrade from iPhone to WP and it looks like data transfer won't happen in-store.  Contacts, photos, and data transfers need to happen on my own computer.  To add insult to injury, the machine used at my local store doesn't even recognize a Windows Phone!  Wassupwidat? I can't imagine how many sales will be lost if they don't get this fixed.  C'mon AT&T!
Boolanger

Reply with quote  #3 
Really there isn't a way to have everything transfer over to a new device. 

App can be reinstalled from the Web market place, but you can just DL the app "Reinstaller' on the new device and it will help reinstall process go quicker. Either way you are just getting the apps any settings or data will be lost. 

SMS are not backed up. The app"Zapi Messaging" will back up SMS but only ones sent through it so to late for that now.

Contacts/calendar are sync'd to the email assigned to your phone so as long as you use that email your contact will sync when it is added.

Photo can be backed up to skydrive or PC

Docs and music same as photos with sky drive or PC.

I think that covers everything that can be done probably missed something though. It is an issue with WP7 it get fixed soon but I wouldn't hold my breath.

bluesky90720

Reply with quote  #4 
I would also like to know the answer to this question
ghdsa474

Reply with quote  #5 
I agree with you!
jocuri

Reply with quote  #6 
i think it's impossible unless you know how to hack the phone

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillons

It is simple. Go to windowsphone.com sign in with your live id account and then u choose purchase history and that's it.. It is working for apps only. No sms threads.. unfortunately :/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: