The WMPoweruser.com Forum
Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

Dmillertime66

Reply with quote  #1 

Hi every one I am new to Windows phones I recently got a 810 in my house hold and the main user of it really hates the lack of Swype.

Does anyone know of an app that will give me a swype like keyboard?

Jerrya

Reply with quote  #2 
Nope, currently Microsoft has not allowed alternate keyboards.

Coming from Swype, I too thought I would be missing it, and it did take me a day or two to get used to the lack of it. BUT with the speech to text capabilities, and the stock keyboards autocorrection and autofill working so well, I really don't miss it now.

Its been 3 weeks, and I love my windows phone. Don't miss my android that I spent so much time on rooting and customizing roms with. This phone just rocks.

Reply with quote  #3 
use Slydr . Its similar to swype!
Jerrya

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
use Slydr . Its similar to swype!

Except it doesn't replace the stock keyboard. And here are my issues with it.

When replying to a text, you have to open the program first, which means slide to the right, tap a letter, select the program, then slyd your message, then select who to send the text to, and then hit send. Stock I just tap the notificaiton, type my message, send. Slydr is not very quick, again, because it doesn't replace the stock.

Now I get I can set it up on my start screen wich would reduce 3 steps, but again, without it replacing stock, its still a pain to use.

Its also not very good at determining the word. I got 3 different words when tried to slyd 'glad', and none of them were close. One word was gargantuan, huh? How did that come from glad?

I think its a good first attempt, but until WP8 allows 3rd party keyboards, nothing is going to surmount the problems of all the extra screen taps to make it usefull.

Quick Navigation: