The WMPoweruser.com Forum
Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

zulu1900

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello WP gurus,
I've purchased the Nokia 920 and I loved it. I use text message alot. I'm finding little bit of difficulty to understand how the sms works on wp8. My friends sends me sms and my phone alerts me saying "MMS" message received. when I looked at the message I see a clean text message. Now, I want to "reply all" but I don't see that option. All I can reply is to the friend who sent me the text (what happened to rest of my freinds?). And also I don't even see all of my friend's name when I originally received the text. This message was originally sent out to 5-6 people (we have iphone/android/BB/wp8), all of my friends can reply to all of us but I can reply to only one person who I received the text from. how do I see how many people are in that sms chain and how can I reply all? and also why my phone says mms received when it's sms sent to group of friends?
Please give me step by step instructions to fix it.

Thank you so much for your help!

--zulu
hihihans

Reply with quote  #2 
In "Settings" you can turn "group message" on/off.
and in the people hub you can make groups for anything.
zulu1900

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for your reply.
The group message is turned on. 
But how is it possible to create a group when I'm receiving text from bunch of friends as a group message. I'd assume that it would possible if I start that text. 
They don't get any issue, they simply reply all and everybody receives it. They can even add more people in the group but it's so disappointing that I don't see those options (including add new people to group) on my nokia 920. I hope it's not phone specific or carrier specific issue.

zulu1900

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm really surprised how people usually use their windows phone. It looks like reply all is not not possible in wp, adding new people in ongoing sms is not possible, see how many people are in sms is not possible. wow... this is really frustrating and it seems you got to be a scientist to use wp.
hihihans

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm sorry I can't help you any further. When I get group messages it is with wattsapp.
brand33

Reply with quote  #6 
I don't understand your information..........!!!!

prevent plagiarism software
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: