The WMPoweruser.com Forum
Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

sasler

Reply with quote  #1 

I'm pleased to announce that 
Currency Converter is finally available for Windows Phone. It has more than 170 currencies, which are automatically updated to the latest exchange rates. There is a built-in calculator with quick Tax (VAT) and Tip buttons, which makes this app invaluable home and abroad. Those who want to see more currencies at once will be glad to know that with a simple swipe, the conversion results may be seen in multiple currencies. Live Tiles of your most used currencies and units may be pinned to the start, thus making this app fast to use for your favourite conversions. The Live Tiles display the latest exchange rates. Most of the common units are included in the unit converter. 

The main features of Currency Converter for Windows Phone are:
  • More than 170 currencies
  • Latest exchange rates automatically updated
  • Works offline too
  • Multi-currency view
  • Built-in calculator with Tax (VAT) and Tip buttons
  • Unit converter
  • Automatic decimal precision
  • Live Tiles
  • Multilanguage support
Supported languages:
If anyone want's to help me in translating this app in other languages, please contact me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

In case you have some issues with this app or suggestions, please contact me. The easiest way to contact me, is by using the support button in the about screen of Currency Converter.

The price of Currency Converter is only $0.99 (£0.79) with a free trial. You may download it from from 
Windows Phone Store. For more information follow this link.

sasler

Reply with quote  #2 
There is a decimal separator bug with the Currency Converter for Windows Phone. For locations which don't use the dot symbol as the decimal separator, decimals won't work. An update of Currency Converter for Windows Phone, which fixes this issue, has already been submitted. Hopefully it should be available within few days. We apologise for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback.
sasler

Reply with quote  #3 
The version 1.0.1 of Currency Converter for Windows Phone is now available from Windows Phone Store. In this version the decimal separator bug has been fixed. Also the incorrect email address when pressing the contact support button issue has been corrected in this version. Once again, thank you for your feedback.
sasler

Reply with quote  #4 
Version 1.1.2 of Currency Converter for Windows Phone is now available from Windows Phone Store. This should fix the app crashing at start up issue some of you were having. I hope no one need to experience those any more  Also, there was an error in code which didn't allow saving changes to the extra currencies list. In this version it has now been fixed. Thanks for all the feedback.
sasler

Reply with quote  #5 
The version 1.2.4 of Currency Converter is out now. In this update the UI has been improved by removing the settings page from the main panorama to the menu bar. Also some issues that could cause the app to crash have been fixed in addition to some other minor bugs. Thanks for all the feed back. Read more about this version here.
sasler

Reply with quote  #6 
The version 1.3.1 of Currency Converter is out now. For those users who were getting the FormatException error, this update should fix it. Please let me know if there are still some issues.
sasler

Reply with quote  #7 
The version 1.4.0 of Currency Converter for Windows Phone is out now. It's the first version with Multilanguage support. In addtion to English, Finnish language is also supported, thanks to the translation provided by Juha Jääskeläinen. More languages are coming soon. In case you want to help in providing additional translations, please contact me.
sasler

Reply with quote  #8 
The current version 1.5.0 of Currency Converter, supports now Windows Phone 8 and  7.8 Live Tiles. Also the currency selection is much faster with the jump list selector similar to the one in People Hub. Currency Converter for Windows Phone is currently available in English, Finnish, Italian and Lithuanian. If anyone wants to help me in translating this app in other languages, please contact me.
sasler

Reply with quote  #9 
Version 1.5.1 of Currency Converter is out now. This version is mainly for fixing some bugs. For example, the unit type list wasn't in alphabetical order in other than English languages and jump list selector was missing from multi-currency view. As always, you can download it from Windows Phone Store.
sasler

Reply with quote  #10 
Russian Language has been added in version 1.5.3 of Currency Converter for Windows Phone, which is already out. The Russian version is called Конвертер валют and it is available in the Russian Language Windows Phone Store.
sasler

Reply with quote  #11 
The version 1.5.6 of Currency Converter is out now. French and Spanish languages have now been added. This brings the the number of supported languages to seven. To read more about it, follow this link.
sasler

Reply with quote  #12 
Currency Converter version 1.5.8 is out now. In this version the Flight Mode and offline support has been improved and the databases have been updated. To read more about it, follow this link.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: